Friday, April 15, 2011

The GC8 Impreza

The GC8 Impreza never came in a STI trim in The United States. Instead we got a 2.5 litter naturally aspirated motor, and a version called the 2.5 RS. If I can remember correctly (I’m not a Subaru guy) the WRX, and STI versions, came with a 2.0 litter turbo, and in Japan the 2.5  N/A was never offered in any GC8 chassis. This car has been a long time favorite of mine. The styling is very aggressive, with the giant fog lights and the functional hood scoop, well, functional in the Japanese versions. This compact all wheel drive coupe is more at home on a gravel course than on the street in my opinion.
I’ve only driven one of these once, It was in high school and an older Japanese guy that I was in a band with had one. He let me drive it around the block once, but i didn’t really get a feel for the car. I wish I could have taken it on a mountain road. The GC8 Impreza is on my list of cars to own. One day, one day.
-Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment