Thursday, December 23, 2010

Upadte: My personal car.

So, I'm not sure if you guys know much about me, so this is more of a persomnal post... About my car lol.
I am the owner of a beautiful '95 Nissan 240sx.
I got this car from a friend of a friend after my Miata got rear ended. I had been looking for a 240sx while I had the Miata, so I decided to go with a 240sx as my next car.

As beautiful as the car looks it didn't come without its issues. Those of you who have owned 240sx's know of a lot of the common issues wiht 15-20 year old cars. I started off with a basic tune up, proceed to swapping out the transmission and clutch because the gears were grinding and hey, tranny's off might as well swap in a new clutch. Next I had to fix the oil leaks. I really had no idea what was goign on, so I took my car to my friend's dad's shop. He told me my oil pressure sensor was leaking. I replaced it but the leaks still continued. I took my car back to him to see if he could find anything else and he told me that the front crank seal is probably the problem. After I got that replaced, there were no more oil leaks.

The next issue I had with the 240 was the hood. The hood wouldn't close because of some previous front-end damage. I decided hood pins would be a good temporary fix. Luckily a friend of mine had some Aerocatch hood pins and I bought those form him and installed them.

Other miscellaneous mods I have done to my car is changing the steering wheel to a NRG steering wheel using a Momo hub. And a Sparco racing seat.
 
Currently I am replacing front-end  parts that are worn out. I purchased new front ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, boots for the rack and pinion and tension rods. I also purchased front lower controol arm bushings, and steering rack bushings. I've been meaning to install those, but Southern-California has been hit with a major rain storm the past few days, plus its the holdidays so I've been busy. Hopefuly by next week I'll have the majority of the parts I listed installed.

Next I plan on installing a new power steering pump and new hoses, clutch master cylinder, and new wheels and tires. Like most sunroofs on 240sx's mine is leaky, I'm trying to devise a plan to remove the sunroof and cover the hole with sheet-metal, or something. Somehwere along the way I plan on welding my diff and going out to some events. Like all my cars its an ongoign project. I'll keep you guys posted.

-Oliver

5 comments: